Housing Activities by GROWTH
- One of Freddie Mac’s most successful alliance communities. More than $60 million of special mortgage products have been implemented in the region by GROWTH.
- Impacted over 1,100 single family units of housing to date.
- Successfully administered more than $21.6 Million Neighborhood Stabilization Program 1 & 2 (NSP1& 2) dollars for Northwestern Illinois.
- Housing activity produced by GROWTH has advanced shared goals to revitalize neighborhoods, enhance connections between work, housing, and transportation, and to improve sustainability.
- Economic development activity has greatly increased as a direct impact of the investment of housing dollars facilitated by GROWTH.
- Housing programs facilitated by GROWTH have helped ensure that there are quality housing units on the market that are sustainable and affordable to low income working households.
- Home sales have demonstrated that GROWTH has increased the tax base, stabilized home values and attracted private sector investment.
- Instrumental in increasing effectiveness in foreclosure intervention and prevention.
- Homebuyer education workshop activity has increased more than 38 percent, reaching 100 percent capacity with people on a waiting list. GROWTH's homebuyer education now serves a two-county area, furthering its efforts to assist people in underserved markets.
Invested more than $65.4 Million in Northwestern Illinois since 2009.
- This investment into the local economy has advanced efforts to stabilize neighborhoods and supported nearly 500 local jobs.
- Welcomed nearly 700 homebuyers to date.
- Celebrating Phase XI of its Employer Assisted Housing Program, providing more than $1.9 million in direct financial assistance nearly 300 employees since 2003, with more than 49% of the employees relocating to Rock Island, IL from outside communities.
- One of 52 organizations nationally to receive funding from Wells Fargo Foundation’s Leading the Way Home Program Priority Markets Initiative.” Awarded two consecutive rounds totaling $175,000 towards redevelopment efforts in Rock Island’s oldest neighborhood.
Conflict of Interest Statement:
Rock Island Economic Growth Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, GROWTH) require staff and members of the Board of Directors to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations pertaining to GROWTH’S activities, to conduct themselves ethically and with integrity; and to avoid any conflict between their own interests and the interests of GROWTH.